Jam with Us
Meetings and jams are held at the Potsdam Public Library. The next one will be February 4th at 2:00. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
If you’re a fiddler at any skill level, a backup musician, or a non-musician fiddle fan, please consider joining the North Country Fiddlers! Our mission is to preserve, promote and perpetuate old time fiddling. And of course, maximum fun!
- January RecapThanks to all who came out for the January Jam on a very snowy day! We had a great turnout despite the weather. Attendees included a couple young dancers, fiddlers from near and far, several accompanists on a variety of instruments, and even a newspaper reporter. Our new tune was the Teenager’s Waltz by Graham …
- June Jam Re-CapThanks to everyone who came out to the jam! Great turnout! We played several from the World Fiddle Day packet, and a few more from the other packet (under Resources > Sheet Music), and there were several new tunes: Our Workshop tune was Life on the Ocean Wave (aka Lady do-si-do, or First Two Ladies …
- Up Next… Jam on June 25th at the Potsdam Public LibraryJoin us for some tunes at the Potsdam Public Library at 2:00 on Sunday, June 25th! We will try something new and have a workshop tune at the beginning, followed by a few familiar jam favorites from the World Fiddle Day list, and then some round robin at a quicker pace.
- Video Montage from World Fiddle Day 2023What a fantastic celebration of World Fiddle Day! We had over 120 attendees filling the Potsdam Public Library with beautiful music! Thanks to Gretchen Koehler for putting this all together and making it such a great success!
- World Fiddle Day 2023!We are partnering with SLC Arts, TAUNY, and the Potsdam Public Library for a celebration of World Fiddle Day on May 21st at 2PM at the Potsdam Public Library. The Madstop Fiddlers, under the direction of Gretchen Koehler, will be kicking it off with a performance at 2:00 followed by a community play-along jam open …
Many thanks to Gretchen Koehler for recording ALL of these songs especially for us at a great pace for learning. (Please note that these are *for us* and not for sharing or distributing in any way.)